Monday, January 3, 2011

Duncan's First Christmas (part 2)

 

 
And his first New Year.  

Yes, I know it's been a while since I've updated the blog.  But it was a busy holiday!  

We had our Christmas exchange with my sorority on the 21st.  My secret sister gave Duncan a stuffed Grinch and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".  Duncan loves his new toy!

We celebrated Christmas with Nunkie Gabe on the 24th & Mighty D got a Snoopy dog.  Also very cute and well loved!  We had delicious Olive Garden - yes, their number is programmed in my phone for the once a month treat and I love their to go option.  Big portions and super convenient.  We read the Christmas Story and then went to bed early.

Christmas morning we all slept in and had a quiet family morning.  Duncan chose excellent presents for his parents.  Aaron received a new golf jacket.  I received a gift card to my favorite knitting website (www.knitpicks.com) and Aero bars.  Very good choices!


Aaron & I found a sit-to-stand toy for Duncan.  It has a steering wheel that talks and is removable for the sit portion.  It then attaches to a bike-type frame that can be a rocking horse-bike and then converts to a wheel around bike.  Hopefully it lasts!


Christmas afternoon we went to celebrate with the Conrads and my Mom over in Post Falls.  It was very fun.  Thomas and Adam were very excited to show us what they got from Santa.  Then we opened our family presents.  Each year the 5 of us (or however many adults will be at the festivities) and buy only for that person.  Joe drew my name & I got gift cards to knitpicks and Amazon :)  Perfect!!!  Mom had Aaron's name and he got a Millennium Falcon that flies.  It's pretty cool.  I had Mom's name and got her a coat & shawl and knitted her a hat & scarf to co-ordinate.  Aaron had Mary and he gave her an Amazon gift card.  It was very fun.

Duncan got all sorts of fun things.  He has been playing and using them for the past week!  Lots of fun.


We all then retired (?) to the family room to break in the new WII.  After creating Mii's for all of us, Thomas, Aaron, Joe & I went bowling.  I lost.  But I had the first strike!  Then Thomas & I played baseball & tied.  


Dinner was scrumptious.  Prime rib.  Delicious meaty goodness.  I am so glad I can eat rare meat again!!  Duncan pretty much checked out after that so we headed home.  It was a great first Christmas!

We braved the day-after Christmas sales to see if there was anything we needed to stock up on.  I found cute ribbon at half price and some stuff that will work great as gifts :)  


On Monday we all did nothing.  I'm not even sure showers were taken.  It was a pajama day.  Then back to work for 3 whole days.


Our friend Stephanie came over on New Year's Eve.  She brought pizza and we hung out and chatted and caught up.  It was lovely!  


The rest of the weekend was quiet.  


Tonight, Duncan had his first taste of cereal!  I'm making his food so it was brown rice cereal.  I discovered we need a better chopper/grinder.  Fortunately there is one on sale at Costco that should work beautifully.  But it was pretty easy and definitely smelled better than the stuff out of the box!  Duncan wasn't too sure about it.  I think he thought we were poisoning him.  See video.  He ate about 10 bites which is really good for the first food :)  We'll keep him on just rice for a week or so and then add in something next week.  Maybe sweet potatoes.  I need to stock up on some supplies...New ice cube trays and lots of freezer bags.  And maybe a really big stockpot.  


Hopefully there will be enough pictures to keep people happy for a bit :)


First tries for solid food

Are you sure this isn't poison?

Hmm..


I have lots of toys.  But now, I love my bottle.  I can squish it and it makes noise!

SNOOPY!

Trying to get a picture of Grandma and her boys.  Adam took the opportunity to "borrow" Duncan's pacifier.

Mom's scarf & hat


This is how you beep the horn, right?


Aaron's Christmas present - solar panels

Feeding himself

Momma's helper


 

No comments:

Post a Comment