Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!!

Yes, I know I haven't posted in a while.  Yes, I had several complaints today which I tried to ignore but figured I should appease the populous.  I had no clue how many people were affected by this little blog. (that should be in sarcasm font, by the way)

Today is my birthday.  The first one where I got kisses and snuggles from my son.  Wow.  It was a wonderful day.  

Aaron took the 6 am feeding so I got to sleep in until 9 am :)  Duncan gave me a Starbucks card which was just what I wanted!  Aaron got me Amazon bucks so I bought some CD's and books and am a very happy camper.  

We then went to pick up the cupcakes I'd ordered - 24 mini cupcakes.  Vanilla cake with chocolate frosting.  Very yummy.  Christina at http://www.celebrationssweetboutique.com/ also gave me a tub (literally) of delicious cherry frosting for my graham crackers.  My grandma used to make graham crackers and cherry frosting for dessert whenever we stayed at her house so that was a very special treat :)

Then we went to the Olive Garden for lunch.  They finally built one somewhat close to our house so it was really fun to go to.  It might be too close...

Then back home to trade baby stuff and eat cupcakes!!!  

Aaron then went off to work and Duncan and I have been hanging out the rest of the day.  He took a nice long nap so I could get the bottles washed, books downloaded and started.  

Prior to today...Duncan had 4 appointments the first week of the month.  His eye doctor said if she didn't know his medical history she wouldn't have suspected there was anything wrong with him :)

He had his 6 month check and also passed that.  Or, rather, he took his shots rather well.  Then off to the endocrinologist.  Also good news.  Per his blood tests his meds are all at good levels so we go back in 2 months.

Then we went to his developmental screening.  This is a routine screening for NICU graduates.  He did very well on his small motor skills but was a bit behind on his large motor skills.  We have exercises to do with him now and he's already improved a lot.

Other than that, Aaron & I are cruising.  We're planning Duncan's first trip to watch the Mariners in June.

I'll add pictures in a separate post because, once again, I have misplaced the camera cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment