Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday, May 30

Happy Memorial Day to all!  Thank you to all the veterans and active service military out there.  You are heroes!!


I suppose at some point I need to post some pictures.  They'll come at the end, though.  Quick updates...

Duncan is growing up on us.  I have mixed feelings on this.  I'm glad he's growing up but want him to wait for me to be ready.  But then I remember that with growing up comes no diapers.  And independence.  So I'm okay with it. (right now.  wait 5 minutes and I'll change my mind)

Duncan is now cruising along the couch.  He hasn't quite mastered falling from standing up and lands on his head but it doesn't hurt him.  Just surprises him.  He does a sort of crawl.  He doesn't quite get up on all fours but has a very fast scoot.  He is still a master of rolling.  

We never know where he'll end up each night.  Some nights he stays pretty close to where we put him.  Other nights he treks all over the crib.  


Right now, he's wrestling a pillow and having a wonderful time.  I wish I could have a day of knowing what he's thinking.  I'm continually amazed by what he does, I can only imagine what he thinks.


He now has his own cage (of sorts).  We bought an enclosure for him.  More to protect our stuff but now he pretty much has the run of the living room.  Which is really fun.  He also loves to crawl underneath the exersaucer and hang out.  We call it his fortress of solitude.


Aaron and I are still trading Duncan off two days a week.  It's working out really well and I'm glad we're able to do it.  I miss my husband but I know this is what's best for Mighty D :)


Now for pictures...
With Daddy at Riverfront Park

First time in a swing.  He's not too sure about it.
Duncan & Momma at Riverfront Park

Aaron & Duncan
Duncan's nest.  The quilt was made special for him by his Auntie Marilyn.  He LOVES it because there are lots of edges to play with.

Hi Momma.  I can totally reach you.



Important conversations with Nunkie

I can squish my nose :)


Feet are tasty

I really like the red yarn that Momma made Daddy's blanket out of.

See?  Red yarn is the tastiest.
My new play area.

The Fortress of Solitude

Playing with cousin Adam

New blocks.  They're made of foam so they're super fun to play with.

This is my bottle.  This is also my bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment