Sunday, September 4, 2011

Final baseball game of 2011

Last night was the final baseball game of the Indians' 2011 season.  They were a decent team - not great, didn't make the playoffs, but they were entertaining.

Because it was the last night, I actually remembered my camera so I could get pictures with Duncan & the mascots.  

We have two.  They are both Spokanasauruses (Spokanasaurus'?  Spokanasaurui?).  Anyway.  Duncan has been in love with Doris the Spokanasaurus since she was introduced.  The child has no fear.  He gets profoundly upset when she leaves.  The child has minimal separation anxiety when a parent leaves.  Doris leaves?  Screaming fit.  We find it hilarious!
Duncan & Doris
Otto & Duncan

For some reason, Duncan has decided that letting me sleep in is the craziest thing ever.  This morning he was bright-eyed at 7:30.  I gave him his medicine & milk & hoped he would go back to sleep.  No such luck.  A couple weeks ago he discovered he could move the curtains and look outside.  Since the back of the house faces east, one teensy gap in the curtains = God's waiting room.  It is super bright.  After I put him back down, I made my coffee and grabbed my book, hoping for an hour or so of peace before the boys joined me.  

No such luck.  Instead, Duncan decided, rather loudly, that he needed to be out of his crib.  But it all resulted in snuggles so it was worth it :)

After his nap today, we may head out to the shops to check out some of the sales.  But we'll see - it all depends on the mood of the wee beastie.


I will leave you with a video...The Indians have another mascot:  Recycleman.  This guy is amazing.  He actually went to the mascot school run by the first Philadelphia Phanatic.  Check out his final entrance to the stadium this year...




No comments:

Post a Comment