Friday, September 10, 2010

It's Friday!!!!

Some weeks Friday seems so much better.  For me, it's generally when we have a short week.  I have no idea why but 4-day weeks take forever.  And I'm usually tired to start the week and it doesn't get better through the week.  So I am very excited for today.  
 
Duncan got to hang out with my friend Erin last night.  He's in love.  Again :)  It was great - the past few Thursdays Duncan has been very fussy & wanted to be held all the time (Thanks again for the Moby, Auntie!!!).  Last night he sat on Erin's lap, cooed and chatted and fell asleep.  Actually FELL ASLEEP!!!  Something he hasn't done on a Thursday in a month.  Erin can come over anytime!!!

Tonight my friend Steph was supposed to come over but she caught a cold and couldn't make it.  We were bummed.  She hasn't gotten to see Duncan since he was 2 days old.  She will be amazed at how much he's changed!  Granted, she's seen pictures and reads this blog but that's not the same as live cuddles :)

We don't have anything planned this weekend.  Aaron has to work tomorrow evening but beyond that we're having a low-key weekend.  Yay!!! 

I'm pretty happy about this evening.  Duncan has been very well behaved and slept long enough for me to eat, get his laundry sorted & in the washer and catch up on my Tivo'd stuff.  (does anyone watch White Collar?  If so, did the ending shock the snot out of you????)

So I feel very productive tonight.  I'm now drinking my milk and catching up on my blog.  Duncan's talking to mirror baby so I have a few minutes.

I also found a new mp3 player this week.  My old one got wet and still works but only when it's plugged in.  Which sort of defeats the point of having it.  It will work great in Duncan's room, though.  So it's sort of retiring to the farm :)  And I found a cute, 8 GB Creative Zen that is just perfect for work and what I need it for :)  I'm anti-Apple so I'm very glad Creative had one that was the right price & the right size.  And on sale so, hey, it's fate!

I think I may use too many ellipses and exclamation points.  Perhaps I should use italics and bold instead.  I'll ponder that.  Maybe.  If I can find the time and energy.  And remember that I wrote about it.  Odds are not good.


Duncan gets to have a daddy weekend in 2 weeks.  They're both very excited.  If they're not, I am.  I get to go on my girls weekend.  I'm very excited!  I might get to sleep for 8 hours straight.  And start new knitting projects.  Might actually get some of the presents made that I bought yarn for 2 or so years ago.  Christmas could be fun for someone!  Or not.  We'll see.


And now, I'd better go finish the laundry and cuddle the boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment