Friday, September 24, 2010

Results

Mighty D had a busy week.  He had his first MRI on Monday.  That was a challenge for his parents.  They sedate babies for MRI's.  It's quite an experience.

His last food was at 4:30 am.  We arrived at Sacred Heart's pediatric surgery center at 8:30.  Duncan got an IV and then went to the MRI area.  That wasn't until 11 am.  It was a very, very, very long morning.  Poor bunny.  But he was a trooper and made it through everything just fine :)  He came out of the sedation about as well as I do...slowly and grumpily.  But then he had a snack and was better.

We got the first results on Wednesday from his endocrinologist.  His brain is fine - no midline issues.  There weren't any congenital issues with his pituitary.  It just doesn't work right.  He needs a follow-up MRI in 3 months but the news was good!

We went to the eye doctor today.  We haven't noticed any issues with Duncan's eyes and the ophthalmologist didn't see any either.  She was very encouraged by what she saw.  

So it was a good week all around!

After arguing and fighting with Qwest for a month about our high speed, we broke down and bought a new high speed modem.  Apparently our old one died.  But as I type this I've lost connectivity again so who knows.  Stupid stupids.

I leave tomorrow for my girls weekend.  I'm very excited to hang out & do nothing.  Well, almost nothing.  It will be strange to be without my guys but I think I'll manage.  


PS finished this post at 9 PM on Thursday, internet popped up at 9:30 am Friday.  So annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment