Monday, November 8, 2010

Busy weekend

Wow we had a busy weekend here at the Tinsley house.  Grandma & Grandpa Tinsley came to visit!  Duncan was put down only to sleep, I think!  Even then he was held most of the time :)

We had dinner & celebrated Ken & Gabe's birthdays.  Which, of course, included cupcakes from Celebrations.  That's the new cupcake place in town and they are fantastic.  I go about once weekly.  Bad habit but so delicious!  I'm already planning what to order for my birthday.  Work people and my family will probably get lots of yummy deliciousness!

Anyway!  We had a great dinner and then just hung out.  Saturday, Sylvia & I went to the Shadle Park High School craft fair.  It was huge and fun :-)  We had a good time.  Then we stopped for pizza and came back to relieve Ken from babysitting.  He did a great job, though!!!


We went shopping later that day and I found some Christmas presents (YAY!!!) and then we just hung out again for the evening until Aaron came home.  


Sunday was a delicious brunch at Old European.  The entire wait staff fell in love with Duncan.  Most of them detoured by our table to check him out.  I agree - he's pretty darn cute.


Sunday afternoon, Duncan & I took our nap.  He was fussy so I put him on my chest & we napped.  It was lovely!  Laundry didn't get done on Saturday so Aaron took care of it on Sunday.  Very nice :)

Duncan has also figured out how to roll over!  He can go from front to back pretty well.  He almost has back to front figured out.  But not quite. 

Right now he's laying down and trying to fit 8 fingers into his mouth.  Loudly.  It's pretty great.


Last week on my work at home Friday, Duncan was down for a nap in his crib.  The Mighty D farted so loud we heard it clearly in the living room and it woke him up.  He giggled.  It was priceless!!  I thought farting and giggling was a learned behavior.  Guess it's not!!


I have pictures but can't find the cord so those will wait.  Sorry.

But I promise he's still cute!  And we still don't know what color his hair is.  We're pretty sure his eyes will stay blue - almost exactly like mine.  They have the golden aura around the iris and then blue on the outside.  But they could still change!

Duncan's most recent check-up with the endocrinologist was very positive.  The growth issues have been corrected by the meds.  She ordered a second growth test to check his growth factors and we should know the results in about 3 weeks.  But he's healthy and such a happy, good baby.  Aaron & I have been truly blessed by our little man!  


We're starting sign language with him.  Just a few signs for now - eat, milk, more, eat, change, Mom & Dad.  He actually responds to the milk sign by sticking out his tongue almost like he's panting.  Very cute.  


And now, I'm off to either knit or search for the camera cord.  Most of you will probably guess which wins...

No comments:

Post a Comment