Friday, October 8, 2010

Best laid plans

Today I had grand plans.  Including getting the laundry out of the dryer.  Putting Duncan's clothes away that are currently draped on his crib.  Pulling out all the clothes he's finally outgrown and bringing up the next box of clothes.  Cleaning out the rest of Duncan's crib so we can move him into it (sobbing in the background).  

What actually happened:  After work, I fed Duncan and put him to bed in his bassinet so he'd sleep longer and I could get stuff done.  About 40 minutes into his nap, he let out a scream that wasn't a normal "I'm waking up and want to see if she'll let me out of my baby prison" cry.  My poor bunny was terrified by something.  I think it was a nightmare.  I sprinted into the bedroom and grabbed him for cuddles.  But then he wouldn't calm down (which is understandable).  The only way he'd rest was on me.  So I let him.  

Fast forward to 7 pm...He finally wakes up.  I get him fed and try to put him down so I can eat dinner.  He stayed calm long enough for me to eat then was upset again.  So I picked him up and he was fussy until Aaron got home from work around 8:45.

I am a tired girl.  But now that Daddy's home, Mighty D is all smiles and coos.  Sigh.  I'm glad he's doing better but could've used a few of those this afternoon!  Oh well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment