Thursday, October 7, 2010

Observations

Recent observations and discoveries
  • Never call your husband from Lowe's.  I went for a lightbulb.  I had to call for the size of the flood light in the kitchen.  Ended up with a new outside light and 3 boxes of lightbulbs for various lights in the house.
  • Cupcakes can make a bad day FANTASTIC.  And a great day even better!  But when you walk in and they ask, "Do you want your usual?" I might be going too often.  If you're curious, check out http://www.celebrationssweetboutique.com
  • $1 subs from Jimmy Johns, combined with cupcakes, make for the best afternoon in a while.
  • My Kindle is possibly the best present I've gotten in a long time.  I can cuddle Duncan and once he's asleep grab my Kindle and read and continue cuddling.  It's awesome!  It's also great when I'm pumping because it's easy to turn the pages :)
  • My son is the cutest and smartest baby ever.  EVER!!!  :)  My nephews are tied for 2nd cutest & smartest boys ever.  I love all my boys!
  • I never knew a mirror could be so entertaining.  Mighty D can talk to himself for 30 - 45 minutes.  I sometimes wonder if I'm creating a narcissist but then stop worrying because he's so stinking cute when he's all chatty!
  • I love my mom.  Last year she had tickets to the Best of Broadway series with us.  This year she volunteered to give up her tickets so she could watch Duncan and give Aaron & I date nights.  What a sweetie!  We are so lucky to have family so close!
  • I wish Aaron's parents lived closer.  Blog updates and video snippets are nowhere near enough contact.  Hopefully they'll get high speed internet soon so we can Skype.  That will be so much fun!
  • Baseball season is almost over.  I can't believe that none of the National League teams I'm a fan of didn't make the playoffs.  Wait.  Yes I can.
  • I'm very excited 2 of my 3 American League teams made it to the playoffs.  A Twins/Rangers ALCS would be great!
  • My friends are totally awesome.  They make me laugh & cry (sometimes at the same time).  I'm astounded my the miracle of them.  I love you guys so much!!!
  • I never realized how much love I could possibly have until Aaron gave me my son.  I never thought I could love Aaron more but every time I look at Duncan I do.  
  • I also never realized how much love I could give until I had my son.  He can be so frustrating and then he looks at me and gives me a huge gummy grin and I melt.  I am so lucky!
  • My job and co-workers are hilarious.  They make going to work at 5 am tolerable.  
  • Starbucks is a godsend, even when it's decaf.
  • Zippered sleep n'play outfits totally rock.  Zippers are so much easier than snaps, especially if you're mostly asleep.
  • Better living through chemistry.  Nuff said.
  • knitpicks.com is my favorite knitting store.  Well, my favorite online knitting store.
  • It's possible I like Amazon.com too much.  But dangit, it's not easy to get a baby ready to go after an 8 hour workday.  Amazon delivers stuff right to the door.  Which doesn't require changing out of my yoga pants and comfy t-shirt.  I like that.
  • Have I mentioned my son is adorable?  He is.  Trust me.
  • Have I mentioned my family & Aaron's family totally rock?  We have fun when we're together, we miss each other when we're not.  I know I'm possibly the worst person for keeping in touch but I really appreciate them :)
And now, a story.  Last night Aaron & I went to see South Pacific.  Mom came over to babysit.  Duncan had a blast!  We got home around 10:30.  Duncan was hanging out on with his Grammie.  She left a bit later...and Duncan watched the door.  And kept watching.  And watching.  Grammie didn't come back.  The wee beastie then proceeded to scream and fuss for a few minutes until he decided Momma & Daddy were okay, too.  Booger.

By the way - our date was great and it was a bit odd to eat a hot meal together.  Enjoyable but odd.  


Grandma brought cool shades for Mighty D
It might be time to move Duncan from his bassinet to his crib.  I didn't get to bed until after 11:30 last night and had my alarm set for 3:45.  Blech.  At 12:24 I woke up in a panic.  I had somehow twisted myself pretty much sideways (sorry, PB) and reached to the left to check on Duncan.  All I felt was pillows.  I panicked because I thought I had somehow pushed my pillows onto Duncan and was smothering him.  I finally woke up enough to realize Duncan was okay and I was having a night terror.  I finally got back to sleep about 1 and then was up at 3:45.  So this weekend I think I'll take that step and move him.  There will probably be tears.  But I'll make it.  Duncan will probably like the peace and quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment