Monday, June 21, 2010

11 Days Old!


Today Duncan is 11 days old! It's been an entertaining ride, my son.

He did very well today. Well, he was good for the parents. He got a bit too much to eat and spit up all over himself so he got a bath...again. He just had one yesterday. But Aaron & I got to bathe him so it was good experience for us. Duncan was not impressed. But he's a boy so it's not surprising he doesn't like a good bath.
There is no milk here. Why is there no milk???

His feedings went well. We're now doing a feed from mom or the bottle then have the next feed through the nose tube. This is so he can build up some strength. You may have noticed he's gotten a second chin. This is a good sign he's gaining weight and growing!

He also woke himself up this morning around 10:30 or so. Normally we end up waking him for his care times but the past couple days he has been waking himself up and chatting with himself. I read him a story to try & get him to go back to sleep but to no avail. At 11:30 we went ahead and fed him because he was rooting around and ready for some food :)

Since we decided to feed him through his nose tube at 9 pm, Aaron & I headed home to get caught up on a few household things and get to bed at a reasonable time. Well, it'll still be after 10:30 since I'm scheduled to pump at 10 but it will still be a more restful night. And I'm going to try sleeping in my bed tonight. I've been in the recliner since my discharge because it was easier for me to get in & out of. I hated waking Aaron up when I needed out of bed. But I was able to get in & out of bed without pain during my rest this afternoon so hopefully I can transition. Plus my back is not happy & actually sleeping properly might help.

Thanks again to all for the kind wishes and prayers for my little family. We truly see the results every day when we look into the eyes of our little man. Duncan is such a miracle for us and we can't wait until everyone can meet him!!!

Ahhh...sleep

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of Duncan and his Mom & Dad - it is wonderful to be able to follow all of Duncan's progress, thanks to Mom's posts! My love and prayers are with you all.

    Love

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete