Thursday, June 24, 2010

2 Weeks Old!!!

My little guy is 2 weeks old today!! He has grown so much. Tonight he weighed 5 pounds, 8 ounces :) He's growing!!!


We had 2 great feedings today. He took an entire feeding from me at noon!!! Awesome progress. He also took about 30 ml from the bottle at 6 from Aaron. We're very proud of our little man!


Aaron's first day back to work was okay. I made it through the day without even getting weepy! (big deal for the hormonal girl). He made it for the 6 o'clock feeding so it all worked out. Tomorrow he'll be there for the 9 & noon feedings and back for the 9 o'clock. Sacred Heart offers a free infant/child CPR class on Friday's so I'll be taking that tomorrow at 2:30. I'll have to mix up my schedule a bit and will probably miss the 9 o'clock snuggle but Aaron will go instead. It's all working out.

There's a possibility Duncan will get moved to a different floor - the 8th floor of the Children's Hospital. It's the overflow area for the NICU. Since he doesn't have an IV or anything extraordinary he's a candidate for moving. He's at the low end of the list, though. Granted, I don't know how long the list is. I'm hoping he doesn't get moved. The 8th floor is apparently open and doesn't really have comfy sitting areas like our room does now. Right now, it's us & another baby's family. Nice & quiet. No one in our business and we don't have to socialize with other families. We're there to focus on our son and that's our entire reason. With the open floor, things are significantly less private and I'm worried Duncan will lose his quiet time. He's starting to be awake more and I don't want him distracted by the negative vibes from other families (trust me. There are lots of very bitter people in the NICU. Aaron and I are not bitter. We know our little man is getting the best care available and are grateful.)

But we'll see. The doctor did say that if he gets moved he'll only have nurses that are permanent to the NICU, not floaters from other departments. That made me feel a bit better. And if we end up moving, it won't be for long. I have a feeling Mighty D will turn a corner soon. I've read that a lot of babies "wake up" on their due date. The 28th is Monday so I have my fingers crossed my little man will realize coming home will be much more fun than the hospital.

And now, to bed. :)

2 comments:

  1. I just know that Moday will be "D" day - (Duncan day that is :)) He will realize that he has had enough of the NICU stuff and want to go home with the bestest mommy and daddy in the world!

    Hugs and love to you all

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there guys! We went through a similar thing with Baby Mac. It's tough, emotionally and physically. It will all be worth it when he gets to snuggle up with you in the comfort of his own home! Glad he is continuing to grow and thrive, can't wait to meet him! Lisa

    ReplyDelete