Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oh thank goodness

See my tongue?
Chatting with Momma
Chatting with Daddy


The past 3 days have been a trial for me. We have had WONDERFUL nurses so far. Until our most recent day nurse. She rubbed me the wrong way from the first morning. Fortunately, she's now gone & we'll have a new nurse tomorrow. Considering we've been there for 19 days and have had one nurse we didn't like, it's not been too bad. Rant over, thanks for reading.

Now on to the Duncan stuff! He's maintaining very well. Which is okay for now. The doctor recommended I cut back on the time spent breastfeeding so Duncan doesn't expend so much energy. I will pump for the next year & bottle feed him if it means getting him home!!!! We're still hopeful he'll get to come home soon. If not, we have a room with a window & can watch the fireworks from it :)

Today when we got back after the ward re-opened at 7:30 we discovered our son was still awake. He hadn't gone to sleep after his 6 o'clock feeding and still wasn't asleep when we left at 9:30. He was terribly cute. Chattering, showing us his tongue, trying to eat his hands. It was great! He's acting like a "regular" baby!!!

Hopefully Duncan "wakes" up soon. Both Aaron & I are bone-weary of the hospital routine. I appreciate that we have a great NICU close and that Duncan is getting fantastic medical care but I want my baby home.

Tonight's video is from during the awake time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a little sweetheart! We had a nurse in the special care nursery that really rubbed us the wrong way too. Everybody else was amazing. She seemed to just think of it like "this is my job" and forget that this was MY baby. They just sometimes become emotionally unattached.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are doing so well, and it's wonderful to know that Duncan is making such progress. Take care of each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy Duncan is doing better and will soon be home with his mommy and daddy. He is looking more like his mommy. Take care of yourselves. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete