Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday

Yes, the title is boring. but I'm tired and need to get to bed because it's back to the hospital tomorrow...

Duncan's doing okay. He had another doctor look at him today (it's vacation season & he's had 4 different doctors). She upped his calories because his weight gain has stagnated. Which apparently means gaining weight isn't enough (even though most "regular" newborns lose at least a pound during the first few weeks of life). Duncan is up to 5 pounds, 11.4 ounces. Hopefully his growth takes off which will result in fewer brady attacks and more energy.

I had my 2 week check-up today. My scar is healing well and I've lost 20 pounds. I fit in my skinny jeans which is hilarious :) I don't recommend the NICU diet but apparently it works...My doctor also reassured me that one day Duncan will just wake up and we'll get to go home. She went through the same thing with her youngest so I feel a bit more assured. (I totally love my doctor, by the way.)

1 comment:

  1. You and Aaron are doing an amazing job. Duncan is a lucky little man. XOXOXO Jane

    ReplyDelete