Tuesday, August 24, 2010

10 fingernails

I managed to cut all 10 of Duncan's fingernails.  Previously we were able to pretty much tear them off but now they're a bit thicker so I had to pull out the nail scissors.  No way was I going to try using the nail clippers.  I have a scar on my right thumb where I wiggled and Mom accidentally cut me.  I'm trying to avoid that with Duncan.  We'll see if I'm successful in not cutting Duncan with the scissors.  So far, so good!

Duncan's still a bit under the weather from his shot.  So probably no baseball game tonight.  Plus I'm tired.  He's been quiet and wanting to be held most of the day.  He's resting now.

Hopefully he's doing better tomorrow.  It's my team's summer party at Steve's house and we're all going.  I'd rather have a happy, smiley boy than a wee beastie.  We'll see :)  I think he'll be back to his smiley self tomorrow.  Because I really, really, really don't want to drive 25 miles each way with a crying baby.  Not my idea of a good time.  Fortunately, I'm bringing my specialty:  store bought something.  I debated making no-bake cookies but Duncan needed snuggles and darn it, that will always trump kitchen stuff.

As some of you know, I love baseball.  A lot.  We have the baseball package so we can watch all the games.  It's wonderful.  Interestingly (curiously??) we get a lot of commercials for Geico.  I like the new bunch - the Randy Johnson commercials make me giggle out loud.  But I have a question:  Where, exactly, is "Namby-pampy land"??  (Former drill sergeants make bad therapists).  I think someone posed this question on Facebook a couple weeks ago but I can't remember who & would like to know :)

The wee beastie is waking up and needs fed  :)  I do so love this boy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment