Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Shopping

I love my bath!

Today was Duncan's first shopping experience.  We had to go buy a new washing machine because ours died a hideous death.  Plus we hated it.  REALLY hated it.  It was a first generation front-load washer that washed things great but would get out of balance or get stuck on the rinse cycle and flood the basement and other joys like that.  

When it died on Sunday, we weren't overly upset.  Well, mad because we had to buy a new one but glad because we got to buy a new one.  So we headed to Home Depot today because they have free delivery and removal of the old one.  Found a decent GE washer in our price range.  It'll be delivered Friday.  Hopefully Duncan doesn't go through all his clothes and burp rags by then...Otherwise, I'll be calling Lois or Nancy to borrow their washer :)

Duncan did really well on the outing.  He fell asleep at Home Depot because we left him in his car seat & just put in on the stroller.  We then went to Walmart (dun dun dun) for groceries, etc.  Duncan got to hang out with Daddy in the Baby Bjorn.  By the way - we LOVE the baby bjorn.  Very handy.  I got to push the cart :)  He did really well there, too!!  He had a little melt down at the end but that's  because it was feeding time.  So we fed him in the parking lot and then headed home.  Not too bad :)

I've been on PPD meds for almost a month now.  I can't believe how much they've helped me!  I'm so glad Aaron & I realized what was up & got help quickly.  I wasn't much of a person for a while.  Hopefully anyone else going through PPD realizes it's not their fault and that it's all chemical.  Help is out there and it's okay to ask for it.  We all want to be super-mom and don't realize that just being mom is so far beyond super :)  Especially the stay-at-home moms.  You ladies are phenomenal!!  

I head back to work on Monday.  Sigh.  Fortunately Duncan doesn't have any appointments next week so I can "focus" on work.  Aaron's schedule is pretty much the opposite of mine.  He has Monday & Wednesday off and works 2 or 3 -7 or 8 on Tuesday, Thursday & Friday.  I'll be working 5-1:30 Monday - Friday.  Thank goodness we don't have to put into day care!!!  I am the luckiest momma going back to work knowing that my beloved will be caring for our son!!!  

Aaron was the best husband today.  I went to lay down with Duncan around 2:30 today.  Duncan didn't really want to sleep so around 3 Aaron came in and grabbed him.  At 6 I woke up...a 3 hour nap!!!  All in a row!!!  It was fantastic :)  

Tummy time!
We gave Duncan a bath tonight.  The child LOVES getting a bath!  He's all smiles for us.  So he's all clean and good smelling.  We'll see how long it lasts.

The video is of Duncan just hanging out.  I haven't posted any video in a while so hopefully this will fulfill your need for video of the wee laddie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment