Monday, August 9, 2010

More baseball

Thomas the bat boy
First time in the Baby Bjorn. He really does like it...

Duncan made it to 2 baseball games in a row! We made sure to go to last night's game because cousin Thomas was a bat boy. Thomas did an AWESOME job and hustled like a champ. Hopefully he didn't pick up as many curse words this year as he did the last time he was a bat boy :)

The baseball games kind of overstimulate Duncan. He's been awake now for 7 hours or so. And is fighting sleep like a mad man. So we're filling him with lots of warm milk and then he will sleep. Plus it's close to time for all of us to go to bed. He goes to sleep faster when we're in there with him. Which will probably make for some tough times when he moves to his own room but we'll cross that bridge later.

Mighty D has been much more energetic lately. The meds seem to have helped with that. Or he's just getting bigger. Either way, it's terribly cute. Today he almost laughed...Aaron was tickling him and Duncan gave a huge grin and said "HA". Close!

Today's baseball game was fun. It was one of 2 afternoon games the Indians have had this year. My team from work came to the game so we sat with them (it was in the shade). It was great to see them and catch up. Plus we got to show off Duncan which is always fun!

Tomorrow is Mighty D's 2 month check up. I think we're due for shots. I think it will be easier than the cortisol blood tests - that took over 45 minutes. Shots are quick. For the kiddo. Not for the parents.

I only have 6 days left of maternity leave. I'm torn. I'm a work-a-holic and am really looking forward to getting back to work. I know. It's terrible. I also don't want to leave my guys. But I am so so so so so lucky that I'm leaving my baby with my beloved. I won't have as much anxiety (maybe) over leaving him. But work will be good :) Plus I have to pay off the doctor bills somehow!

It's time for bed for all us Tinsleys :) After I pump...sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment