Saturday, August 7, 2010

More peace, more quiet

Today has been lovely. Nice and not busy. Which is good because I've had a touch of a headache most of the day. Stupid smoke in the air. C'est la vie!

Miss Nancy came by for a visit today. Duncan, of course, wouldn't wake up to show her his beautiful eyes or talk to her. But he cuddled and napped on her for almost an hour (which made me happy! He hasn't slept much today). Plus she brought brownies & monkey bread :) Thanks bunches!!!!

Duncan has been cluster eating and cluster sleeping again. He'll nap for about an hour then be hungry then nap for an hour...you get the idea. He's been sleeping pretty well at night so this is okay during the day. For now. I hope it's temporary. At least until he's 12 or 13 then he'll eat and eat and eat!

The weather has broken and it's only about 85 today. Much better than yesterday's 95. Hopefully it stays a bit cool so we can all go to the baseball game on Monday afternoon and not fry. I think we're headed to the game tomorrow night, too. No way I'm attempting tonight's game. I'd have to take Mighty D by myself and fight a crowd on fireworks night. Not gonna happen. Aaron would've met us there. It's always much quieter on Sunday night.

I've been reading books on my Kindle lately. This fantastic invention has made Mom-ness so much easier! I can read Duncan stories from it (there are lots of fairy tales out there) and only need one hand. I can hold him with the other hand. Best Mother's Day present :)

And now, I'm a bit amazed. My son has slept long enough for me to eat dinner and pump for 20 minutes! Whew! It's a bit stressful trying to fit pumping in while Aaron's at work. I obsess that Duncan will wake up and need me and I'm attached to this bloody machine. don't get me wrong. I appreciate the machine it just gets tedious after a bit...Totally worth it, though, for a healthier baby boy!!! Every time I start getting frustrated by it I look over at my sleeping baby and the world is just right. I'll need to print some pictures to put in my bag for work.

And now, I'd best stop blogging and be constructive. Sigh :)




No comments:

Post a Comment