Wednesday, July 21, 2010

3:30 am

Hmm...one probably shouldn't blog at 3:30 am. Oh well...there's not much else to do while pumping in the wee hours ;-) Aaron's feeding the boy so I get to pump!

Duncan is doing "Neat" according to his pediatrician. He's a very nice fellow. Duncan's now up to 7 pounds!! And he passed everything for his 1 month visit. He has an umbilical hernia but that should clear up by age 2. Apparently it's not so unusual. And Aaron gets to take him for his circumcision on Monday. I'll probably end up going but Aaron gets to be in the room.

We both survived the car ride. I did discovered I should've topped off Duncan's tank before we left the doctor's office. He started screaming about Division and Garland. And there was nothing I could do...But when we walked in the door *poof* he was fine. Silly boy.

I am feeling much better. I actually ate without having to wash down every bite like a pill! Which is a HUGE improvement. Ah, better living through chemistry. I think I can beat this! And thanks to all for the encouraging posts & emails. It's comforting to know I'm not alone.

I also discovered that if I go with pretty much the same schedule as Duncan, I feel better, especially when Aaron's at work. So I feed Duncan, we play for a bit then I put him to bed. Then I eat & pump & go lay down, too. I don't always sleep but I rest. It worked really well yesterday so it's possibly I may get caught up on sleep (yeah, right!)

I'll try to remember to take pictures tomorrow. We were both pretty tuckered out after the doctor.

1 comment:

  1. Great news on the schedule and the eating! Anything that helps, right? And BTW, would love to stop by Friday or Saturday? Which would you prefer? I'll give a call or text Thursday.
    HUGS,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete