Saturday, July 17, 2010

New Normal?

Sleeping in my bassinet
Wow! It's been 2 days of having my baby home!!!! I'm still shocked.

We managed to get the shopping done. We went in shifts. I got to go to Walmart & Aaron got Costco. It wasn't too bad, all things considered. I re-stocked our supply of microwave meals. I love love love that Stouffers, Green Giant & Birds Eye all have full meals in a bag. Pop it in the microwave and huzzah! 7 to 15 minutes later, dinner! Then you mix it in a bowl & serve it on your fancy dinnerware (otherwise known as paper plates & plastic forks & knives). Wonderful!!

I know people have offered to shop for us but it's good to get out of the house for a bit. Really makes me appreciate my house!!!

It's my first day with Duncan while Aaron's at work. So far, we're doing good. We've eaten and slept and changed diapers. I've gotten a load of laundry done and the bottles, etc washed and sterilized. Now I"m relaxing as much as I can between trips to check on Duncan.

I do have an advantage over most parents - I don't have to put a spoon or mirror under his nose to make sure he's breathing. The monitor tells me he is. But I still check on him lots, just in case. Plus he's so cute! I could just watch him for hours!!

1 comment:

  1. He is pretty dang cute! Can't blame you for keeping an eye on him for that reason alone!! So happy you are all enjoying your new life together.

    ReplyDelete