Saturday, July 10, 2010

Shhh...

So stinkin' cute!!
I must have my arm out.
Mighty D is one day closer to home! Yesterday we had 5 full feeds in a row...then, overnight, he had minor amounts gavaged (13 & 15 ml). I was talking with his nurse today about it & she wondered why that was so since he eats so well during the day. Aaron & I had talked about it and figure since the nurses, while absolutely amazing, don't have a vested interest in Duncan they'll not push him like Aaron & I do. Today's nurse agreed. So we've come up with a minor conspiracy...shhhhh.

It's possible that when I go back at 9 "Duncan" will have pulled out his gavage tube. Since he's eating so well, there's no sense in putting it back in if we can get his feeds down. Please send up prayers that he'll be able to eat well! When he does & can consistently do it for 48 hours we get to bring him home within a few days after. Hopefully it will be soon! I love love love this nurse! If that doesn't work, I think Aaron & I will take shifts - he'll take most of the day & I'll take the night so we can get our boy fully fed all the time. Hopefully it won't come to that.

This morning, I won an auction on Ebay - a Medela breast pump for less than $175. If anyone has ever priced one, you know this is a good deal :) I must say the perception of getting a bargain is awesome! Now I'm ready to go back to work..okay, not really (sorry co-workers. I love you guys but I love my Duncan more). But now I can travel and such and not be concerned about whether or not Premera will pay for my breast pump rental. Granted, I'll keep the hospital grade pump as long as possible but I'm ready :)

Have I told you lately, dear readers, how much I appreciate you? I started this blog as a way to a) get all my feelings out with only minor breakdowns and tears and b) cut down on the phone calls needed to keep people up to date. Those calls were so difficult because I wanted to be upbeat and hopeful but they were so draining. I wasn't strong enough to be there for my beloved and my baby and call people. So I started this blog. And I cannot express how thankful I am for all the kind words, prayers and good wishes sent our way. I told people that I wasn't someone who needed a village to get through my pregnancy. Which was true. I had a truly blessed, easy pregnancy. But the village I didn't know I had has rallied around my little family making it a BIG family and I am so amazed by you. I hope that you know you're all in my prayers, too.

Is anyone else now humming "In the Navy" or "YMCA"? Sorry - terrible Village People pun. :-)

PS - if you're singing "In the Navy" are you also recalling the Muppets version with Link Hogthrob??

2 comments:

  1. Danielle, that's so true. It's amazing when life gets complicated, how many friends and family (well, the village people I guess)have your back. We have loved getting to watch little Duncan get bigger and stronger this past month. Thanks for taking the time to write. Pretty soon, you and Aaron will look back on this and be able to smile and wonder how the heck you made it through. Can't wait to read he's coming home. Cousin Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Linc Hogthrob! You are an amazingly strong woman Danielle and you have two amazingly strong men in your life, one big and one small but growing. :) Love you guys and prayers continue! Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete