Friday, July 23, 2010

Well, that explains a lot part 2

Guess what goes great with PPD? Mastitis. I know, you're all totally jealous of me. I can tell. So now I'll be on antibiotics to get rid of the infection. Which is good because I'm running a temperature & it really sucks when it's over 80.

I oh so totally love the baby seat carrier frame I bought. It's a frame you attach the car seat to. Rather than buy a full "travel system" for $300 or more I just got the frame for $53 :) It works with the car seat Mary loaned me and huzzah! Super portable baby!! It was awesome today. I can set it up one-handed. And it's less than 14 pounds. LOVE IT!

My check up went well. My doctor isn't overly concerned about my nausea, especially since it's a sign of anxiety which is how my PPD is manifesting. It could also be partially due to the mastitis. The mastitis is why I've been feeling crappier than usual. Fortunately Duncan is still in the sleep for 15-18 hour phase of life. So we nap together. YAY us! I'm cleared to go back to work as of the 3rd or so. I think I have enough time through the 13th. So not too bad.

Our lactation consultation went well, too. Duncan was using a nipple shield to nurse because he was so tiny. But today he successfully nursed directly from me so I don't think we'll need it anymore. Which makes the late night top-off soooo much easier! Plus he took 75 ml from me which is really great.

And now, the beast is waking so I'd best go get a bottle ready :)

No comments:

Post a Comment