Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fingers Crossed

I can almost reach it...
Such a sweet boy!!!!
Duncan has now eaten 15 full feedings in a row!!!! He's doing really, really well :)

Right now, what's mainly keeping him in the hospital is his brady attacks. He had one overnight during a feeding that dropped his oxygen saturation levels to around 60%. Not good. Fortunately he came out of it but the doctor is wary. She's not super concerned but it's enough to keep Mighty D in hospital for an extra day or two. Or until we're all comfortable that Duncan won't have a major brady attack at home.

But we are oh so close! No car seat test yet but we are definitely close :) Well, actually his doctor gave us the go-ahead for the car seat test but we opted to wait a day or so. Just in case.

He did eat really well this evening and didn't have a single brady attack which is a good thing. Hopefully he'll do as well overnight and tomorrow. Then maybe we'll do the car seat test tomorrow afternoon or evening.

Today we had a very amusing thing happen. Our nurse came back and said that a friend was out front to see us. Now all of our friends and family call or text us first to make sure we're there & can have visitors. Exceptions are our friends who are firefighter/paramedics. When they bring in babies they stop by. Anyway. I went out and there was a nice black lady standing there with gifts. I have never seen her in my life. She looks at the nurse, looks at me and says, "The woman I'm looking for is black." (obviously NOT me LOL). We thought it was hysterical that there were 2 Tinsley babies and that they're a bit diverse :) Made us laugh a lot! Cause after spending a winter in Spokane and nearly 5 weeks in the NICU, I'm pretty much a spotted albino. :)

2 comments:

  1. GO DUNCAN GO! Love "Auntie" Jane
    Danielle, I love the Tinsley family story... :)Sometimes a good chuckle helps us through the day! XO,Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm back from my camping trip and I can't believe the difference just a few days made in Mr. D's cutness. Of course his cutness factor was already over the top but he has gotten cuter since I last looked at your posted pics! I'm glad he realized he didn't need that tube any longer and I know he will pass his car seat test soon and be on his way home :)

    By the way - will he be meeting the "other" Tinsley baby? That was hilarious!

    Love to you all

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete