Friday, July 9, 2010

See how big I am?
Have I mentioned lately that Duncan is doing awesome? He is!!! While he only gained 10 grams overnight, he's still averaging enough weight gain that they're not concerned. :) Don't we all wish that was our problem?

So far today, he's eaten full feeds. We left around 12:30 so I could get Aaron back to his car & I'm heading back around 5ish. Hopefully the nurse was able to get another full feed into him.

My child is terribly funny. He definitely has his daddy's temper. He'll get mad then, when it's all settled, he's fine and all smiles. Love it! Today he woke up around 11:40 from a sound sleep hungry and he let everyone know. We rushed to get a bottle warm (ended up putting 10 ml into a 2nd bottle to heat faster & got the rest to him asap). He ate the entire 65 ml bottle plus his anti-gas meds. And was still rooting around for more. But I cuddled him for a few minutes and he realized that he was full and sleepy. He was dozing off when we left & we'll see if he stayed asleep.

The doctor is very pleased with his progress. Aaron & I are hopeful he'll be home soon. As I've told them, I'm not getting my hopes up until they tell us we need to bring in the car seat. Until that moment I have hope, but my hopes are up lest they be dashed.

Did I tell you about the car seat test? I'm too lazy to check old posts so you get it again if I haven't :)

All babies who leave the NICU must pass a car seat test. Depending on how far away you live determines how long the baby stays in the seat. Since we live 15 minutes (at most) away from the hospital, we only have to pass an hour long test. The test is done to verify the type of car seat you have doesn't cause your baby to stop breathing or cause other issues. I'm a fan of this test! Although if your baby fails the test you get to stay for another 48 hours...So it's a HUGE deal. Once you pass, you pretty much get to go home in the next couple of days. Believe me, I'll let you all know!!!

Duncan ate 5 full feedings in a row so far today!!! Hopefully he's asleep now & will be able to eat full feeds through the night so we're 24 hours closer to coming home!!!

And HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Chris & Tiff for their new baby girl!! Welcome to the world Bria :)

No comments:

Post a Comment