Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ooftah


Well it's been an interesting couple of days. Following my mastitis diagnosis my fever continued to stick around. So I had a very, very sluggish Saturday. Fortunately Duncan was sleepy, too, so we napped together :) Unfortunately, he was up every 90 minutes but that's okay. We made it.

Today Aaron has pretty much taken care of Duncan. I've been resting & pumping & resting & pumping. I need to keep the milk flowing to help get rid of the infection. Fortunately I have a really good pump. But the good news is I think my fever broke this morning. So I'm feeling much better. Plus I've only had 3 bouts of nausea in the past 2 days which is a HUGE improvement over 24/7 nausea. I was actually able to eat an entire can of soup! When you've been eating 1 can in 3 or 4 sittings, that is a great thing.

Duncan has been growing and eating and pooping. Lots of pooping. How can something so small create so much poop??? Especially on an all liquid diet. Amazing. Good thing he's so cute!

Aaron gave Duncan a taste of his popsicle. Duncan liked it (we think). Although I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to be eating popsicles until he's at least 2 months old :)

Tomorrow Duncan gets to go to the doctor again. I won't say what for because someday he will read these blog entries and he will commit matricide. Routine procedure that Daddy gets to take him to. Mommy will get an hour or so to herself! Yikes - what will I do?? Probably sleep.


3 comments:

  1. He is just too cute. And I love the way he looks up at his daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of the feet and the video is great! What excellent parents you are. :)

    Love,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way Duncan is looking at Daddy while he gets a taste of the finer things in life :)

    Sounds like you are on the mend Mom - it's about time!! Hope the appointment went ok - should be the Dad's job on that one :)

    Love

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete